Friday, July 31, 2009

Amy's Corner

Says Amy, "Let me tell you why all the neighbors think I'm crazy ...

A little after midnight the other night I was talking on the phone with my significant other, who is working in Massachusetts (I'm in Florida). I became aware of the deafening drone of a helicopter overhaed; it's spotlight was illuminating a nearby house. Said house was surrounded by police cruisers.

My seven year old son was sleeping over at that house! Still on the phone & in my pj's, I hopped into the car and drove right into a roadblock. I jumped out of the car babbling about my baby being home alone and my son spending the night at the house they had surrounded. Turns out the police had been engaged in a high speed chase and the fleeing felon had crashed into the house and the occupants of the house were safe."

No comments: