Can I just tell you how much I love my kids --
First, my three year old discovered the fun one can have with crayons -- all over my newly painted walls.
Sunday, after spending the day at the beach, I decided to make one of the kids' favorite dinners - fully-loaded baked potatoes.
I had all the ingredients except sour cream and shredded cheese, so I ran quickly to the store down the street to pick up these two items. Thirty dollars later, I returned home, only to realize I had forgotten the sour cream. I threw the potatoes into the microwave and put the steak on to cook. Leaving instructions for my fifteen year old to turn the steaks after six minutes, I raced back to the store.
Upon my return home, I discovered the steaks burned to a crisp. My son had forgotten he was cooking and became involved in something elsewhere in the house.
While cleaning up, I asked my son to get me something in the other rom. He returned with the news that there was water all over the room we had just finished redecorating. Yep, that's right, the main water line burst (this is a slab house).
We cleaned up the mess and opened the windows to help dry things out. I didn't think too much of it when my on announced that the window had fallen out (15 year olds are prone to exaggeration). As the evening progressed and it started getting cooler (and buggier) in the house, I asked my son to close thewindow. "I can't," he declared, "it fell out" -- and there it was, on the ground outside.
In the midst of all this chaos, my seven year old announced that his school was having an awards ceremony the next morning at nine o'clock, and would I please, please come because I "never go to any" of his school events. (Evidently seven year olds are prone to exaggeration too!) I'm not a morning person but, at nine o'clock I'm sitting at the school watching several other grades get their awards and struggling to stay awake. I finally went to te office to see if I had possibly missed my son's award ceremony and was informed that his awards were scheduled for one o'clock in the afternoon!
I do love my kids!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment