Friday, April 4, 2008

Intro

Hi Folks! This is my first blog so, if I make any mistakes, please be kind. The purpose of this blog will be to offer solutions for the various aspects of your life -- work, home, health, aging, etc.

Why do I feel qualified to offer these solutions? I have over 40 years experience in all phases of business operation -- both as employee and employer -- so I can see things from both sides.

Likewise, I am a busy homeowner and mother/grandmother, so I'm always looking for ideas to make life simpler.

I currently own my own business, Business Solutions (www.yourbusiness-solutions.com), which provides virtual and on-site small business bookkeeping/admin services and daily money management (bookkeeping) services to individuals. Most of my clients are elderly, so I also look for programs that will enable them to continue to live independently in their own homes on a fixed income. As a service to my older clients, I distribute a newsletter "The News Carrier" with items of interest them. I also speak, write and consult on a variety of topics. The most popular topic has bee "Identity Theft" and I have prepared a small brochure with tips on preventing identity theft. I will soon have a link in my website to request these items. In the meantime, please make requests to businesssolutions@comcast.net.

I am a member of the "sandwich" generation; my 93 year old mother lives near my sister in a nursing home in South Carolina. While my sister, God bless her, provides day-to-day care, because of my work, I am often able to provide her with the resources and information she needs to continue to provide her wonderful care for my mother.

A lifelong interest has been natural cures and I feel fortunate to have recently become affiliated with an organization that offers natural supplements. Every training I have participated in emphasizes strong ethics and sales skills. I am very excited about the products! Please visit my website at www.itvventures.com/marthacarriere.

After a serious accident last year, I started cleaning out my home in anticipation of moving to a more compatible location and started selling on craigslist and ebay. When I open my ebay store I will post a link here.

As with my newsletter, I will try to verify any information before posting to this blog. If you have any questions or would like to hear about a particular subject, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: